50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Bidding has gone over £1,000 and still 4 days to go!

I'm really pleased to be able to announce the bidding for the 50 books has reached £1,089 with 4 days to go before the auction closes. This is really good news as far as I'm concerned, but there is still the opportunity to increase this. Scroll through previous posts to view the books individually and then message me with a comment on the post or by email.
What will I do with these books out of my life? just have to make some more I guess! 
Here's another glimpse of one of my favourite books
The Ocean of Bliss.
A poem written in 2008 and embroidered by me more recently.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment